Friday, November 14, 2008

I love them so much it hurts. Not necessarialy a "bad" hurt, but an ache. An ache that fills up my heart and overflows. An ache that longs to do something more to show my love to them. One that makes me feel full of unexpressable and unexplainable joy. A love so complete it makes me feel satisfied.

People may say, "They aren't even your children." or "You have only known them 15 months." but it doesn't matter. In the past 14 months I lived as a parent to these children. In the past couple days I have tried to be very observant of my relationship with my kids. I discovered that I knew what question Faulanta was going to ask before she spoke it because of the look on her face. I knew that Jerome has a cute little freckle on the bottom of his foot. I knew what Anna was thinking by the light in her eyes and the smile on her face. I could tell when Jackie got in a little trouble. I knew who was having a rough day and who was excited about dinner.

I am still in complete awe of the awesome task God has given me. He has placed 26 of his precious children in the care of 9 people who are not "real" parents. I can't even begin describe what a huge priveledge it is. God is so good to me.

As we begin to experience so many "lasts" of our journey together as Choir #30 I can't help but feel sadness but I also feel a huge amount of THANKFULLNESS for this amazing journey we have been on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenny,
Thank you for sharing your life and your love with your precious choir 30 kids. I only had the joy of seeing and meeting them for a few short days in May in Regina, Sk - but they captured my heart so quickly. I can't imagine the feelings that you have after spending more than a year of daily living with them. Prayers are with you all as you wrap up the tour and prepare the children to return home. Thank you for your blog - it has brought more than a few smiles to my face as I read it and looked at your photos. Please give a hug and a hello to Jerome, Daniel and Joseph - the three special boys that we were able to share our home with. We will continue to remember and pray for them.
Barb S.

Connie said...

Is your tour officially done? Have the children gone home to Africa? I feel sadness just thinking about them going home. I can't imagine your feelings. I'm sure you've become very attached to them. I feel so blessed to have been a small part of your life and their's. We will never forget Jane and Washo! Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us.
May God richly bless you for the wonderful things you've done for these precious children!
Connie

Anonymous said...

Dear Jenny,

I am so glad that you are surrounded with people you love. I know these last weeks will be bittersweet. I will be praying for you as you prepare your heart to put your little ones on a plane.

... Peaka