Friday, May 25, 2007

Max~The Best Dog Ever

I hope you all got to meet Max....but if you didn't here are some of his best pictures:


I miss my Max! He was such a good friend and I think he thought he was a person....when he rode in the back seat of the car he put his paw on the arm rest while looking out the window. The last time I took him for a walk I sat down at a park bench and he jumped up right beside me and sat down like it was totally normal! Also, I had to give him his own pillow or I would wake up in the middle of the night with HIS head on MY pillow!
***He was very smart....he would get so excited when I put on the shoes I always wore when I took him for a walk. He also knew when he was in trouble and would put himself in "time-out". I always knew that if he didn't meet me at the door when I got home that he had gotten into the trash or something because instead of being at the door he would be in his "time-out" place in the bathroom!
***The most interesting thing Max ever tried to eat was a bag of sugar. He got about 1/2 way through it and when I got home I learned where the term "sick as a dog" came from. Thankfully Max never learned how to open the fridge but I did have to put child locks on the cabinets.
***Max was great guard dog and took such good care of me. He could sound so very mean and vicious and would bark when anyone seemed threatening to him...even if it was just my Dad or a friend! I always felt so safe with him around.
***Now it seems like he should always be there following me around. When I sit down I am just waiting for him to be there trying to jump up on my lap. He was my 75 lb lap dog!
***As silly as it may sound...Thank you Jesus for my special puppy who you sent to me when I needed him most!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Max looks like such an awesome dog. We love the pictures of him. Where is he now? I am sure wherever he is now, he's in good hands.