Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A Week of Firsts

A WEEK OF FIRSTS

The children have now been in The United States for one week. I thought I would share some of their "firsts" with you: singing for their first concert, shopping for shoes at wal-mart, putting on a seatbelt in a vehicle, riding in an elevator, taking a shower, having their laundry washed and dried in a machine, and eating hot dogs, tacos, macaroni and cheese, PB and J sandwiches, lettuce salad, and strawberries. I love the chance to experience my world in their perspective!

This week has also been a week of "firsts" for me: introducing the children for our concert, leading meetings for my "staff", trying to use a blackberry, signing consent forms as the "guardian" of 26 children so they can get chicken pox vaccines, giving a demerit, wearing a radio with earpiece, and finally...this is the first time in quite awhile that I have made my bed ALL week - each and every day! And to think.....Next week I will be taking 26 kids to the airport to fly to an event with President Bush and Bono! What a life! Please keep praying for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jenny!

I found your sight on another mom's blog. Angella and the family are doing well here in New Mexico. Just thought you would want to know.
I'm glad God let us meet you at the airport on the way to Uganda.
Sounds like you are having a great time with the choir.