Tuesday, January 22, 2008

HOW MANY CHILDREN DO YOU HAVE?

HOW MANY CHILDREN DO YOU HAVE?

This is the question I got while standing in the Wal-mart check out line in Lethbridge, Alberta Cananda this evening. The middle-aged, middle-class looking man had noticed the 12 pairs of boys tennis shoes (or "runners" as my Canadian friends call them) in my shopping cart. I contemplated how to answer.....finally I said, "26. I have 26 children." He gave me a weird look so I continued on by saying, "I'm traveling with the African Children's Choir. These are just the 12 boys shoes. I haven't found the girls shoes I want yet." So while we continued to wait in line he asked me the questions everyone asks me...."Where are the children from? How old are they? Are they orphans?" After he went through the check out line himself he stood by the cashier just watching me. After I used the 4 Wal-mart gift cards that had been donated to us from Host Families the man stepped up and paid the rest of the bill which was over $100 dollars. I love how God meets all our needs....even in the Wal-mart check out line!

2 comments:

Mary T said...

Wow! How amazing our God is! To use of all places Wal-mart to show Himself faithful. Thanks for keeping us updated, Jenny.

Anonymous said...

May God continue to bless everybody in your group and the man who blessed you!!! We love and miss you here in Bloomington!!! Keep up the good work and may you touch many people's lives!!!!