Thursday, August 07, 2008

PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND

PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND

In my lifetime the only place I ever dreamed of going in Canada was Prince Edward Island. Can you believe I have been across 8 provinces to get there?!?!?! That is roughly 5,000 miles of travel! I have enjoyed the scenery of many beautiful places in Canada but I must say that my 1 day trip to PEI was a huge highlight of our journey coast to coast in Canada! I grew up reading the famous "Anne of Green Gables" books and was delighted to visit the places that inspired the fictional stories by Lucy Maud Montgomery. It was a truly a day to never forget!


This is at the New Brunswick shore. In the background is the bridge we took to Prince Edward Island. The bridge has been there for about 10yrs and is 8 miles long.






Lucy Maud Montgomery's family's home that inspired her to write "Anne of Green Gables".






Me at the front door to Green Gables






Me walking down Lover's Lane

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is a constant reminder of the goodness of God. He knows and cares about the desires and the dreams of our hearts. Thanks for sharing your adventures Jenny. We miss you and love you!
Gretchen, Grant and Ben