Monday, October 13, 2008

GOODBYE CANADA!

MY TRIBUTE TO CANADA!

Tonight is Choir #30's last night in Canada. We first crossed the border from the U.S. to Canada last January. We have been here for 9 of the 13 months we have been traveling. I have really enjoyed our time here. We have been to amazing places and have met wonderful people wherever we've gone.


Choir #30 in Ottawa, the Capitol of Canada




Me with Jane, Bridget, and Martin






I will really miss these Loonies! These are $1.00 coins nicknamed because of the Loon.


And I will miss these Toonies even more! I was always surprised when I thought I had just a wallet "full of change" and then realized it was quite a bit of money because of the Loonies and Toonies!



Using the term "Washroom" in place of "bathroom" or "restroom" has become quite normal to me. I think I will have a hard time converting back!


And lastly....Tim Horton's!!!!! I have become quite a big fan! The last time I was at Starbuck's all I really wanted was a Cafe Mocha from Timmy's! I can hardly believe I have become such a traitor! I had never even heard of Tim Horton's until we came to SK last January and now it is one of my favorite places! We decided to have a mini Goodbye Canada! Party on the bus with Tim Horton's. Here are some pictures:


Faulanta with the famous yummy Timbits! (Donut holes!)






Ibrahim holding Uncle David's snack.... maybe a muffin????






Daniel and I enjoying a Cafe Mocha.




Goodbye Canada! We will miss you!

6 comments:

Nikki said...

I am Canadian, and can certainly understand the Tim's cup, and the loonie and toonie... but the washroom sign? Do you guys not say washroom in the states?!

Jenny said...

Nope! At least it's not common in the midwest states where I am from! We always say "restroom" or "bathroom".

Unknown said...

oh how i miss those beautiful brown cups...

Connie said...

Wow! I didn't know there were so many things we take for granted here in Canada!
"Washroom"?... That blows my mind too. I thought that was a standard word.

Connie

andrea said...

And we will miss you!!!

Anonymous said...

And we will miss you too Jenny & children. God speed you on your journey and get you safe back home in time for Christmas. Thanks for visiting with us and sharing some of your love. in peace, wayne (north sydney)