Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I'm not sure exactly what to say but I somehow want to share what God is doing in my life. He is stretching me. He is bringing me to the end of myself. He is reminding me that I am NOTHING without Him and that ALL I have is His. The house I desperately want to sell is His. The debt I owe because of the house is His. I am trying to remember this everyday when I think about how it hasn't sold yet and about how my savings account is going to be empty really soon (Oh wait, it is His savings account, right?). My last paycheck at the end of this month is His, not mine. He is teaching me (or trying to teach me) to be patient and trust in Him. I am determined to trust in Him. He loves me and His plan is perfect for my life. I was so encourage by this hymn we sang at the prayer meeting tonight:

He giveth more grace as our burdens grow greater,
He sendeth more strength as our labors increase;
To added afflictions He addeth His mercy,
To multiplied trials He multiplies peace.

When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources
Our Father’s full giving is only begun.

Fear not that thy need shall exceed His provision,
Our God ever yearns His resources to share;
Lean hard on the arm everlasting, availing;
The Father both thee and thy load will upbear.

His love has no limits, His grace has no measure,
His power no boundary known unto men;
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.

I was once again reminded of the riches of our Lord Jesus. I pray that I will live out a life that brings glory to Him because of my willingness to trust in his goodness to give me exactly what I need in His perfect timing.

4 comments:

andrea said...

The Lord of Heaven’s Armies says, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test!" (Malachi 3:10)

The Lord of Heaven's Armies... Wow, what a Mighty God we serve... When you put it that way, our worries seem so small, don't they? You've done it, you've put Him to the test, now I'm praying with you and waiting with anticipation to see Him rise up on your behalf!

Love you!

Mel said...

Hey Jenny! Sweet! Thanks for referring me to your blog! I'm going to borrow what your learning from God and use it in my life....if that's ok!?! That was so what I needed to hear tonight. Although I don't have a house, I have a car, and debt because of that car that is starting to discourage me. It's his bank account, his life (that I call mine) his car.......thing's I will try to remember when I try to close my open hand and take back a hold of my debt, car, life. So much better when we realize it's all His eh? Here's to open hands! Praying for your house! Ahhhhh...correction.....praying for HIS house! hahah Apparently I'm still learning!

Connie said...

Jenny, you're an inspiration to me! I admire your willingness to give it all to Jesus and let him take control of your life. I'm praying that everything works out for you. God's timing is always perfect.

Connie

Unknown said...

i love the words in that hymn Jenny. praying for you sister!

steve.