Thursday, July 05, 2007

Jinja, Ugnada

I have made it all the way to Jinja, Uganda....although 1 of my 3 bags did not.....too bad it couldn't be one of the bags full of school supplies that I do not need for another week! Instead it's the one with my clothes, toiletries, and flashlight!! Oh well....I did get a nice cold shower when I arrived so at least I am clean even if my clothes aren't! Pray that my bag arrives on the next flight in on Sat.

But that aside, I'm here and it is wonderful and just as beautiful and unique as I remember! I haven't been to the Baby Cottage just yet but I the workers met us (me and 3 Moms that are adopting from Amani) at the airport and had the 3 kids being adopted with them. It was wonderful to experience the reuniting of the kids with their new moms. Please pray for a positive court time on Friday july 5 so these kids can go home with their families soon!

My friend Andrea met me at the airport also so we got to spend the 3 hour drive catching up. She has been volunteering at Amani since the beginning of May. I'm counting on her to show me the ropes....like changing a cloth diaper....:)

I'm sure i will have lots of baby stories for you when i post the next time. In the mean time....somebody please drink a diet mt. dew for me! Love you all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Praying for you, Jenny...your bags...your journey that God is taking you on! I'm SO excited for you!
Kim

Anonymous said...

We love you Aunt Jenny! We pray for you every night. We hope your bag gets there soon, but if not, we think it would be fun to just buy new clothes!!

Missin' you,
The Gerbers