Sunday, July 01, 2007

This news just in!

THIS NEWS JUST IN!

Up until the past week many of the details concerning the chaperone training part of my trip were at a bare minimum. I am excited to say after a couple emails and a phone call I now have a pretty clear picture of what it could possibly involve. The best part is that we will be staying on the same grounds as our choir. Choir 30 is now living at a training house called Makindye. We will be staying at a newly built guest house on the same property. (the bad news is there is no hot water heater:). It will be wonderful to be so close to the kids we will be spending the next year with. Another interesting aspect of the trip will be that we are going to visit many of the homes these children come from. I am sure it will be a very valuable experience for each of us. I have also found out more about the "we" in all of this. Up until now I had no info. about my co-chaperones. There are 7 of us that will be traveling with Choir 30. 4 of us are from the States and 3 are Africans that are former ACC kids. The most interesting piece of information is that the Choir Manager wants me to have the role of "Tour Leader". This is both exciting and a little frightening .... especially when I read in my handbook: "The Tour Leader is responsible for the overall well being of the road team and the children." YIKES! When I get home I will give you all more details and specific prayer requests!

No comments: