Sunday, April 08, 2007

"Aunt will you come back next year?"

"AUNT WILL YOU COME BACK NEXT YEAR?"

This is the question many of the African school children had for me as I left camp last summer. It warms my heart to remember them saying, "Aunt, I wil miss you." and "Thank you for teaching me Aunt." And now... I am happy to answer "YES, I WILL COME BACK"! I will be joining the Team Africa Trip in Uganda July 12- Aug. 2 before I go on to have my chaperone training. Yippee!


I hope some of you will start leaving comments so I know someone out there is reading! :) (they can be short!)























4 comments:

Betsy said...

Hi Jenny! I'm loving all of these pictures. They're so precious! I'm sure you will brighten their lives! I'm praying for your trip. Uganda has been in the news so much, for such horrible reasons. Are all these children displaced because of the LRA?

Anonymous said...

Jenny,
The sound of those little voices saying, "Auntie, will you come back next year?" have stayed on my heart over the past eight months.... So excited that we get to go back together!

Love, Andrea

Anonymous said...

Jenny,

Your site is beautiful! I am happy to hear how well things are coming together. It will be here before we know it! As always, we are and will be praying for you, the children, and those who hear the message of the choir. What a blessing you will be and what an opportunity to be used in a mighty way for God! We love you!

Natosha, Noah, and Andrew

Jenny said...

Betsy...the majority of the problems with the LRA are actually in Northern Uganda near the Sudan border. The part of the ministry I worked with is based in and around Kampala which is Southern Uganda. Most of these children are in poverty because of the loss of parents and the lack of jobs and resources.