Thursday, April 19, 2007

With or without an E

WITH OR WITHOUT AN E......?

Being a bad speller I often rely on my spell check. Well, I have to tell you it has really let me down. I REALLY knew that chaperone was spelled chaperone....BUT my spell check kept saying chaperon. So, I finally decided to break down and actually look it up...on a online dictonary of course. Well, come to find out, it says you can spell it chaperon OR chaperone!!! So my next thought was well maybe I'll just leave it chaperon because of the spell check. Then I had 2 different people proof read a support letter for me....one recognized the missing e as wrong and the other didn't. So, then I decided to pull out the big guns and get out a real dictionary. GUESS WHAT? It also says that it is spelled chaperon or chaperone. All this to tell you, if you really care, I have decided on the e. I guess you never really know what you are going to learn when you decide to become a missionary.

2 comments:

pete_b said...

Jen, I just want to say that as an internet junkie...an online dictionary IS a real dictionary. You guys are doing great. I love to see a heart for Jesus.

myfriendfelicity said...

this is hilarious!!