Friday, April 06, 2007

Team Africa "06 in pictures

I had high hopes of journaling all about the trip that has inspired me to move on to become a chaperone....BUT it seems too big of a task for now. So...I will post some of my favorite photos for you and hope that they tell a story....
These are some of the girls at one of the schools we had a camp at. Most young girls had their hair this short.

Morning devotion time at African Outreach Acdemy
This little girl's name was Happy...I think she is happy in the Lord!

I did craft activities with the kids at both camps. At African Outreach Academy I had 50 students in a class!

This girl lived out in a village that I traveled to with another group member. Our vehicle was the only one in sight, the roads were dirt, and there was no electricity or running water. I brought this doll and some other small toys for the children.
This is some of our group hanging out at The Music For Life primary school where the choir kids go after tour. Baby Violet is a orphan at the Amani Baby Cottage. She is going to live with her forever family in California soon.
Amani Baby Cottage
Jenny on a Boda Boda!!!

No comments: