Saturday, April 07, 2007

In case you missed the email I sent out at the end of March...Here it is:

Hi Friends and Family,
I am going to try to start sending out some mass emails to keep everyone informed about my African Children Choir Chaperone plans. I am so excited about the way things are shaping up and I can't wait to share with you what God has been doing. I have already learned that things can change in a moment so keep that in mind as you read of my "plans"! As of now I will be going to Uganda for at least 2 weeks in Aug. for chaperon training. This is the first time the Choir has done this but it seems very beneficial in my view. All 6 of us Western Chaperons and the 2 African Chaperones will be able to train together and begin to get to know one another. We will get to meet Choir 30 and maybe even see some of their schools and homes. I imagine this will be very helpful to all of us and especially to the chaperones who have never been to Uganda. Last summer I got to see the schools that the Choir supports and spend time with the students that get to attend school because of the funds from the Choir. It will be wonderful for all of us to have the same understanding of where these kids come from and also see where the money that the choir raises goes. After the training in Uganda all of us will go to our homes and have about a month to get ready to travel on tour. I will meet up with the choir when they fly into Chicago from Uganda in September. From that point it on we will be traveling in a bus and having 4 concerts a week at different churches and community events. That is the news for now. Here are some additional praises and prayer requests

1. I have a roommate moving in in June. She will be taking care of Max(the best dog in the world) when I am away. Please pray that she can find someone to live with her when I am gone
2. I would really like to spend more than the 2 training weeks in Uganda. I am praying about going earlier. Please pray that this would come together and that God would give me wisdom and guidance.
3. I will officially begin fund raising May 1st. I am going to need somewhere around $1,000-1,500 of support a month. The majority of the support will be for my airfare and health insurance.
4. Please pray that God would give me many opportunities to share what God is doing in my life and in Uganda.

Thanks so much for your love and support! It is hard to believe I will really be traveling and being Auntie Jenny to 25 young kids in just a few months! Love, Jenny

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenny,

This whole process is truly an answer to prayers. I remember when you shared with me that you were looking into getting involved with this ministry. You will be a blessing to them in many ways and God will use you powerfully.

Does this mean you will not be serving in the nursery with us? :)!

Guess Who?