Monday, June 11, 2007

60lbs of school supplies

60 lbs OF SCHOOL SUPPLIES!
I have one bag almost packed! I filled a whole suitcase with craft supplies from an organization that collects used school supplies at the end of the school year. Now I have enough crayons, pencils, scissors, glue, and watercolor paints for all 625 students!!! I am hoping to use the last 10lbs allotted to this bag for cloth diapers and pajamas for the orphanage. Thankfully, the airline allows me to take three 70lbs bags because my trip is considered a "humanitarian effort". The next few weeks, at my church, I am collecting items specific to the crafts I am planning. I need safety pins, cotton balls, pipe cleaners, fun foam, construction paper, and colored drinking straws. Any help with these items is appreciated!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenny,

I found some colored drinking straws and will work on some of your other items on your list. How many do you need of each?